“Alzheimer’s Disease & Dementia Care” Seminar
Take the path to certification as a CDP. This is the required seminar for those pursuing certification and who qualify. Please see the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (www.NCCDP.org) to view the tracks, or just come for the education!
This one-day session is offered at various locations, and on-site sessions are available for classes of six or more. Contact Lori for more information or to register!
2019 Class Dates & Locations:
October 23, 2019 – The Hampton Inn, Wilkes-Barre, PA
October 24, 2019 – The DoubleTree by Hilton, Monroeville, PA
November 6, 2019 – The Hampton Inn & Suites, State College, PA
November 12, 2019 – The Hampton Inn, Meadville, PA
November 22, 2019 – PA College of Health Sciences, Lancaster, PA
November 14, 2019 – The Holiday Inn, Johnstown, PA
December 11,2019 – The Hampton Inn & Suites, Columbia, MD
- Registration begins at 7:30am; class begins at 8:00am and ends at 4:30pm.
- The tuition includes notebook/handouts and breakfast.
- Lunch is on-your-own (one hour).
- You will receive confirmation of your registration with directions to the training site.
- Once payment is received, you are enrolled unless otherwise notified.
- Open Door Training & Development reserves the right to cancel seminars based on insufficient enrollment.
- Registrants who need to cancel must provide written notice no later than 48 hours in advance of seminar date.
- Cancellations are refundable, less a $75 administrative charge.
- Substitutions may be made at any time.
- Continuing education credits issued will be cancelled for non-payment of required fees.
- No form of videotaping is allowed; no laptops are allowed in the training room.
7.0 continuing education credits are approved with the following:
- NAB/NCERS (Nursing Home, Personal Care Home, & Assisted Living Administrators)
- PA Nursing Home Administrators / NHA CEUs
- PA Department of Human Services/PCHA CEUs
- National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners
- Pennsylvania Board of Social Workers
- Nevada Board of Social Work
- Nursing CE Contact Hours are available through CEU Network.
Training Modules include:
- Repetitive Behaviors
- Aggressive Behaviors
- Catastrophic Reactions
- Intimacy and Sexuality
- Personal Care
- Staff & Family Support
- Diversity and Cultural Competencies
- End of Life Issues