“Alzheimer’s Disease & Dementia Care” Seminar
Take the path to certification as a CDP. This is the required seminar for those pursuing certification and who qualify. Please see the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (www.NCCDP.org) to view the tracks, or just come for the education!
Have a few people you want to get certified? Email [email protected] for information about conducting on-site sessions at discounted pricing!!
Information for In-Person Classes:
- Registration begins at 7:30am; class begins at 8:00am and ends at 4:30pm.
- The tuition includes notebook/handouts and breakfast.
- Lunch is on-your-own (one hour).
- You will receive confirmation of your registration with directions to the training site.
- Once payment is received, you are enrolled unless otherwise notified.
- Open Door Training & Development reserves the right to cancel seminars based on insufficient enrollment.
- Registrants who need to cancel must provide written notice no later than 48 hours in advance of seminar date.
- Cancellations are refundable, less a $75 administrative charge.
- Substitutions may be made at any time.
- Continuing education credits issued will be cancelled for non-payment of required fees.
- No form of videotaping is allowed; no laptops are allowed in the training room.
- Register for this in-person class here!
Information for Webinars:
- Complete this training remotely during one of our monthly webinars!
- Sessions are offered over two days (four-hour sessions)!
- All webinars are held either from 8:00am to 12:00pm or from 1:00pm to 5:00pm (Eastern).
- Register for a webinar here!
7.0 continuing education credits are approved with the following:
- NAB/NCERS (Nursing Home, Personal Care Home, & Assisted Living Administrators)
- National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners
- Nevada Board of Social Work
- Nursing CE Contact Hours are available through CEU Network.
Training Modules include:
- Repetitive Behaviors
- Aggressive Behaviors
- Catastrophic Reactions
- Intimacy and Sexuality
- Personal Care
- Staff & Family Support
- Diversity and Cultural Competencies
- End of Life Issues